- 1.2kg silverside roast
- 3 medium to large size carrots peeled and sliced into 4
- 2 large celery stalks sliced into 3cm pieces
- 3 spring onions roughly chopped
- 2 brown onions roughly chopped
- 1 litre of vegetable stock
- 3 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 pkt slow cookers (beef and mushroom)
- 2 cups of button mushrooms
- 2 tblsp of oil
- 4 servings of buttery mashed potato
1. Place the oil, onion, garlic, spring onions and the meat in a large heavy based oven pan and brown till elements start to caramelize.
2. Add the mushrooms, carrots, celery, pkt of slow cookers and the stock.
3. Bring to the boil and place in a 150deg oven for 3hrs.
4. Remove the meat and cover to rest.
5. Return the pot to the oven and turn up the heat to 200degs.
6. Continue to reduce the liquid to your desired consistency of gravy and serve with a buttery mashed potato.