- 1 1/2 medium sizes butternut pumpkin - chopped [skin left on]
- 1 parsnip - chopped
- 1 brown onion - chopped
- 1 celery stalk - chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 6 cups chicken stock
- Small tub natural yogurt
Equipment: Stick blender
- Place all chopped vegetables, curry powder, salt, cumin and water into a large soup pan.
- Bring to simmer temperature and leave for 30 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and simmer for a further 45 minutes.
- Blend the soup and serve with a desert spoon of natural yogurt on on the top.