- 1 kg chuck steak or gravy beef
- 300g button mushrooms - chopped
- 3 carrots - chopped
- 1 red onion - chopped
- 400g diced tomatoes [1 can]
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic - crushed
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- Plain flour - to coat beef
- 1 cup sour cream
Equipment: 4-6 litre electric slow cooker
- Season meat with salt & pepper then coat in flour.
- Heat a splash of olive oil in fry pan then lightly brown meat all over.
- In a bowl combine the following ingredients: tomatoes, beef stock, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, tomato paste and garlic.
- Add a splash of olive oil to the slow cooker then add onion, carrots and meat. Pour the ingredients you just combined over the top.
- Season with salt & pepper and cover.
- Ready to turn on......