- 1 kg chicken livers
- 1/2 large fennel sliced thinly.
- 125gms butter.
- 100mls of either brandy or pernod.
- 1 packet Lebanese bread.
- In a large skillet melt the butter.
- Add the sliced fennel and sauté until mixture is transparent.
- Add the chicken livers and cook for about 6 minutes. The chicken livers should be still pink in the middle.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the alcohol and blend in a food processor until smooth.
- Place into a serving dish and allow to chill in the fridge.
Presentation method No.1 [left photo]
Melt 125grms of butter and pour over the chilled pate.
Presentation method No.2 [right photo]:
Dissolve 4 small sheets of gelatine in 1/2 cup of boiling, add 1/2 cup of cold water and stir,
gently pour over the pate and chill.
Lebanese bread Method:
- Cut the Lebanese bread into squares and bake till crisp (about 10 minutes).
- Store in an airtight container till required.